Book Your Dog Into A Board ‘n’ Train Package
Our Board ‘n’ Train Program
Our most popular training service is geared to ensuring you can come home to a more cooperative, more stimulated pup. Before your dog’s stay, call us to book some training sessions. Our instructor will set some training goals for your dog. Then, dog and trainer will work together on those priorities while you’re away.
The Board ‘n’ Train Process
- You start by having an in-depth conversation with the Trainer, to understand your dog, agree on goals, and create a custom training plan.
- During the boarding stay, your dog will have daily one-on-one training sessions. We use positive reinforcement and rewards, such as treats and toys, to motivate your dog to work with us.
- At the end of your dog’s stay, you’ll receive a progress report and a copy of the new routine to help you both continue it at home.
- The trainer is available to review in person what your dog has learned and how to build on it. If you are available to come to the Ranch on your dog’s departure day, it usually takes 15 minutes or so to go over with you, the new skills learned, and this is offered at no charge to you.
- A training video of each of the skills learned is an optional extra.
Contact us for a training consultation:
[email protected] | (604) 947-6965
Book Your Pup In For Training Today.
Take the first step to a better behaved pup and book them in for training.
Call the Dog Ranch Office: (604) 947-6965
Or email us at: [email protected]
Board ‘n’ Train options for your pup(s):
Choose a behaviour from the Behaviour Menu below, that you’d like a trainer to work on while your dog is staying with us. A trainer will spend time with your dog every day, one on one, teaching and positively reinforcing those behaviours.
- Leash Manners
- Jumping Up
- Other (owner’s request)
Walking your dog is how you build a solid happy foundation of a great relationship, so it’s important that you both enjoy the experience. While boarding with us, your dog will learn how to walk politely on a loose leash and in a distracting public environment. You won’t be embarrassed to walk your dog in public anymore! And if you wish to add one more desired behaviour from the Behaviour Menu above, we will work on both with your dog. “Stay”, for example, is an ideal add-on to Leash Manners training.
For canine free spirits who need structured leadership, the Dog Ranch’s K9 Boot Camp will teach your dog how to focus better, and how to heel, stay, sit, down, come, and good manners. All the commands will be taught on a 6-foot leash while encountering mild distractions.
This program is for graduates of any one of our training programs. A minimum of 5 days is the ideal opportunity to reinforce your dog’s training, with a quick Dog ranch tune-up!
Choose 1 behaviour, such as recall, from the above Behaviour Menu that you’d like a trainer to work on while your dog is staying with us. During your dogs Day Camp stay, the trainer will focus intensively on that behaviour, one on one, teaching and positively reinforcing the behaviour.
|Behavior Training (1 week min/behaviour)|
|3+ Behaviours||Call to discuss|
|Leash Manners – Who’s Walking Who?|
|1 week minimum||$300.00|
|PLUS 1 Behaviour, 2 week minimum||$450.00|
|(7 day boarding stay plus $40 each additional day of Leash Manners)|
|K9 Boot Camp – Formal Obedience|
|2 week minimum||$780.00|
|(2 week boarding stay plus $50 each additional day of K9 Bootcamp)|
|5 day minimum||$180.00|
|Day Camp & Train|
|7 days minimum||$190.00/behaviour|