1. In consideration of being permitted to use the services and facilities of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch I/we, the undersigned Owner(s), hereby release, waive, and discharge the owners, staff, and volunteers of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch from any and all liability for loss or damage or any claim for damages for or related to any injury, loss, damage, infestation, or disease occurring to my/our dog(s), even injury resulting in death, whether caused by the negligence of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch, its owners, staff or volunteers or otherwise while my/our dog(s) are under the care of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch.
2. I/we hereby assume full responsibility for any harm caused by my/our dog(s) while in or upon the Bowen Island Dog Ranch premises and while my/our dog(s) is/are under the care of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch. I/we further agree to indemnify the Bowen Island Dog Ranch, its owners, staff or volunteers for any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may sustain due to any harm caused by my/our dog(s), or due to my/our presence or the presence of my/our dog(s) in or upon the Bowen Island Dog Ranch premises.
3. I/we expressly agree that this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of British Columbia and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
4. I/we further understand and agree that in admitting my/our dog(s) to the Bowen Island Dog Ranch, the owners of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch have relied on my/our representation that my/our dog(s) is/are in good health and has/have not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior toward any person or any other dog.
5. I/we agree that should a court determine that any provision waiving liability is deemed unenforceable, extent of the financial liability of the Bowen Island Dog Ranch shall be limited to the return of funds paid by me/us for taking care of my/our dog(s).
6. I/we, the Owner(s) further acknowledge and agree that, if I/we fail to pick up my/our dog(s) within seven (7) days of the last day of the period specified in this contract and to pay all amounts then owing to Bowen Island Dog Ranch, then the dog(s) will be deemed to have been abandoned by me / us and that full legal ownership (including, but not necessarily limited to, the right to convey ownership of the dog(s) to a new owner) will vest in the Bowen Island Dog Ranch absolutely. I/we also acknowledge and agree that I/we will remain legally responsible to pay all boarding fees and other costs related to the boarding of my/our dog(s) up to the date that ownership of such abandoned dog(s) so vests in Bowen Island Dog Ranch.
7. I/we, the Owners, understand the risks associated with grooming a dog’s coat, de-matting and/or the shaving process and I/we authorize this process. If any medical problems occur or may be uncovered during the de-matting, shaving and/or grooming process, I/we agree that I/we are legally responsible to pay any and all veterinarian fees if required.
Understanding the Risks Associated with Grooming Matted and/or Shaved Coats:
Matted fur does not allow for air circulation to the skin, causing hot spots, bacterial and/or fungal infections. Fleas, ticks, maggots and other parasites may be lurking in the coat causing further skin infections. Matted fur also pulls and binds, causing pain to your pet when they move. The skin underneath can be raw and inflamed. Matted coats will not dry properly and can lead to rotting fur and skin.
The groomers at the Bowen Island Dog Ranch will consult you about your dog’s matted coat and when feasible, will de-mat and brush out your dog’s coat but only when it would not cause excessive pain or suffering to your dog. Due to excessive matting, it may be determined by our groomers that the only humane thing to do is to shave your dog’s coat down, and possibly extremely short to the skin. This process may then reveal skin irritations and sores due to matting, wet undercoat and/or dirty coat. The required grooming sessions may be long, stressful, or painful and more than one grooming session may be required if your dog is severely matted. A medicated shampoo will be used to help sooth any skin irritation that may occur. Matted hair rests tightly against the skin and the only way of removing mats is to use a short blade to clip between the skin and mats. Your dog may be nicked and cut because the groomer has to work so closely to the skin to remove the matted coat. Our groomers are extremely careful, but the possibility of injury still exists.
If you have any questions about this Terms of Service, please contact us by email at [email protected].
Bowen Island Dog Ranch
1302 Adams Road
Bowen Island, BC, Canada
Bowen Island, British Columbia is a 20 minute ferry ride from BC Ferry Terminal in Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver.
Dog Ranch Main Office
Office: (604) 947-6965
Ellen McWilliams: (604) 349-6745
Cheryl Barchuk: (604) 947-6965
Hikes & Swims (Dog Walking Service)
Office: (604) 947-6965