Bowen Island Dog Ranch
Our operating hours are 9am – 4pm daily for boarding. Our training program is temporarily suspended.
Tours are by appointment, and we encourage you to come with your dog to visit the Dog Ranch so you are comfortable with where your pups will be staying.
Dog Ranch Main Office
Bowen Island Dog Ranch is located on Bowen Island, BC, and is a 20-minute ferry ride from the BC Ferries Terminal in Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver.
1302 Adams Road
Bowen Island, BC, Canada
See below for driving directions.
Getting to Bowen Island and the Dog Ranch:
You will need to take a BC Ferry to get to Bowen Island. Please ensure that you check the BC Ferries schedule to make sure the ferry is on time. And please note the strict 10 minute cut-off time before any ferry departure—after which they will not sell you a ticket for the sailing. Always allow lots of time when catching a ferry, especially on long weekends and peak sailing times.
Driving Directions from the Ferry Terminal in Snug Cove, on Bowen Island.
The Dog Ranch is a 13 km drive west from the Snug Cove ferry terminal, and takes approximately 10 minutes. If you want to walk it’s not ideal as it takes over an hour, there are no sidewalks, and it’s an uphill walk most of the way.
- Drive off the ferry in Snug Cove and head straight up the hill. Change into the right lane before going through the intersection by the Bowen Island Pub. Drive slowly through the intersection, and note the 30 km/h speed limit at all times in the school zone just after the intersection.
- Keep going straight at the top of the hill, bearing left and uphill—you will see the school and playing fields down on your right.
- You will stay on Grafton Road, which becomes Adams Road at approximately the half-way point, all the way to the Dog Ranch. Landmarks will be the Artisan Square Road entrance on your left, the fire station on your right, Grafton Lake on your right, Irly Hardware Store on the left and the nursery on the right, after which you’ll turn right at the Adams Road sign.
- You will see the Dog Ranch sign about a half-mile along, at 1302 Adams Road, on the right side of the road.
When you arrive at the Dog Ranch:
- Turn right into the Dog Ranch entrance, follow the signs down the driveway to the office parking area at the Pup Shack, our lower office. Our main facilities are at the top of the property and we do not staff the Pup Shack Office regularly.
- When you arrive please use the Pup Shack radio in the box on the front of the Pup Shack office to let us know you are here.
- Please leash your dog before leaving your vehicle. Of course, as soon as your dog is securely inside our double-fenced area, the leashes are off—and the fun begins.
Let Us Know You’ve Arrived and Radio Instructions:
– Open the box door, grab a disinfectant wipe in the box and lift the radio out of the charger and clean it, and then let us know you’re here.
To use the radio: Hold down the left-side top button on the radio to speak, and let the button go to listen.
– Announce who you are and the dog you are picking up or dropping off. All the staff on the property have radioes on and will respond.
– Put the radio back in the charger so the red light comes back on and it’s charging.
– It takes us a few minutes to get down to the office so we ask for your patience.
City Shuttle Service
How do you get your dog to the Bowen Island Dog Ranch? We offer several options: City Shuttle Service to various pick-up and drop-off locations, Bowen Ferry Terminal transfer, or use our VIP (very important pup) door-to-door service. Click here for all our Shuttle Service options.
Payment Options and Information
We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, Debit, E-transfers (firstname.lastname@example.org), cheques made out to the “Bowen Island Dog Ranch,” and cash.
Most clients prefer to pay by credit card. We will charge your credit card after your dog has gone home. If you prefer any other form of payment, please let us know before the end of your dog’s stay.
To provide us with your credit card number: Go to your secure personal portal online where you filled in the application form and can make a reservation. You can enter your card information there. Please note we do require a card on file while you dog is staying with us unless other arrangements have been made in advance. Thank you!
Come for a tour with your family and pup as we’re just a short (and beautiful) 20-minute ferry ride from West Vancouver!