Board and Train
Our Board and Train Program
Our popular board and train service is geared to ensuring you have a more cooperative, more stimulated pup at home, in the park and wherever you and your pup enjoy your time together. Our trainer will assess your dog after arrival, then advise you on training goals and work on those priorities while you’re away. Call or [email protected] us to book boarding and train at the Dog Ranch.
The Board and Train Process
- You’ll start by having an initial discussion with our trainer so you both agree on the training goals, then a custom training plan will be created.
- When your dog arrives, our trainer will assess your dog in person, and contact you to confirm training goals.
- Your dog will then begin daily one-on-one training sessions—using positive reinforcement and rewards, such as treats and toys, as well as physical and verbal praise to motivate your dog.
- Over the course of the training, you will be emailed videos to you to show your dogs work and progress. You can then use these videos to continue the training with your dog.
- At the end of your dog’s stay, you’ll receive a personalized report which includes a copy of the new routine to help you both continue the training at home.
- Note: We highly recommend that you and our trainer review together what your dog has learned and how to build on it. If you are available to come to the Ranch on your dog’s departure day, it usually takes only a short time to go over the new skills learned. This is offered at no charge.
- Alternatively, for an added cost, our trainer can visit your home to review the training. This enables our trainer to observe your handling of your dog and will facilitate a smooth transition and ensure consistency.
While most behaviours are trainable, there are a few exceptions that are very difficult with little success to train outside of the home. Such as separation anxiety, house breaking and severe aggression issues. Contact us to discuss further.
Board and Train Works!
Take the first step to a better behaved pup and book them in for training while boarding.
Please email Carey Bolduc at [email protected] to discuss your Board and Train needs.
Board and Train options for your dog(s):
For puppies who need to start engaging in a structured training program, the Dog Ranch’s Puppy Boarding School will teach your pup how to focus better, including: how to walk nicely on leash, sit, stay, down, come, and good manners. All the commands will be taught using hand signals and a release word on a 6-foot leash, while encountering mild distractions.
For canine free spirits who need structured leadership, the Dog Ranch’s K9 Boot Camp will teach your dog impulse control, how to focus better, including: how to walk nicely on leash, sit, stay, down, come, and good manners. All the commands will be taught using hand signals and a release word on a 6-foot leash, while encountering mild distractions.
Walking your dog is how you build a solid happy foundation of a great relationship, so it’s important that you both enjoy the experience. While boarding with us, your dog will learn how to walk politely on a loose leash and in a distracting public environment. You won’t be embarrassed to walk your dog in public anymore! And if you wish to add one more desired behaviour from the Behaviour Menu above, we will work on both with your dog. “Stay”, for example, is an ideal add-on to Leash Manners training.
Choose 1 behaviour, such as recall, from the above Behaviour Menu that you’d like a trainer to work on while your dog is staying with us. During your dogs Day Camp stay, the trainer will focus intensively on that behaviour, one on one, teaching and positively reinforcing the behaviour.
Board and Train Packages and Rates: [email protected]
|Puppy Training Package|
|21 Day Minimum||Email to discuss|
|K9 Boot Camp – Formal Obedience|
|21 Day Minimum||Email to discuss|
|5 Day Minimum||Email to discuss|
|Leash Manners – Who’s Walking Who?|
|1 Week Minimum||Email to discuss|
|1 Behaviour||Email to discuss|
|6 Day Minimum||Email to discuss|