Board & Train
Our Board & Train Program
Our popular board & training service is geared to ensuring you have a more cooperative, more stimulated pup at home, in the park and wherever you and your pup enjoy your time together. Our trainer will assess your dog after arrival, then advise you on training goals and work on those priorities while you’re away. Call or email us to book training while boarding at the Dog Ranch.
The Board & Train Process
- You’ll start by having an initial discussion with our trainer so you both agree on the training goals, then a custom training plan will be created.
- When your dog arrives, our trainer will assess your dog in person, and contact you to confirm training goals.
- Your dog will then begin daily one-on-one training sessions—using positive reinforcement and rewards, such as treats and toys, as well as physical and verbal praise to motivate your dog.
- Over the course of the training, you will be emailed videos to you to show your dogs work and progress. You can then use these videos to continue the training with your dog.
- At the end of your dog’s stay, you’ll receive a personalized report which includes a copy of the new routine to help you both continue the training at home.
- Note: We highly recommend that you and our trainer review together what your dog has learned and how to build on it. If you are available to come to the Ranch on your dog’s departure day, it usually takes only a short time to go over the new skills learned. This is offered at no charge.
- Alternatively, for an added cost, our trainer can visit your home to review the training,. This enables our trainer to observe your handling of your dog and will facilitate a smooth transition and ensure consistency.
Contact us for a training consultation:
[email protected] | (604) 947-6965
While most behaviours are trainable, there are a few exceptions that are very difficult with little success to train outside of the home. Such as separation anxiety, house breaking and severe aggression issues. Contact us to discuss further.
Board & Train Works!
Take the first step to a better behaved pup and book them in for training while boarding.
Call the Dog Ranch Office: (604) 947-6965
Or email us at: [email protected]
Board & Train options for your dog(s):
Choose a behaviour from the Behaviour Menu below, that you’d like a trainer to work on while your dog is staying with us. A trainer will spend time with your dog every day, one on one, teaching and positively reinforcing those behaviours.
- Leash Manners
- Jumping Up
- Other (owner’s request)
Walking your dog is how you build a solid happy foundation of a great relationship, so it’s important that you both enjoy the experience. While boarding with us, your dog will learn how to walk politely on a loose leash and in a distracting public environment. You won’t be embarrassed to walk your dog in public anymore! And if you wish to add one more desired behaviour from the Behaviour Menu above, we will work on both with your dog. “Stay”, for example, is an ideal add-on to Leash Manners training.
For canine free spirits who need structured leadership, the Dog Ranch’s K9 Boot Camp will teach your dog impulse control, how to focus better, including: how to walk nicely on leash, sit, stay, down, come, and good manners. All the commands will be taught using hand signals and a release word on a 6-foot leash, while encountering mild distractions.
This program is for graduates of any one of our training programs. A minimum of 5 days is the ideal opportunity to reinforce your dog’s training, with a quick Dog ranch tune-up!
Choose 1 behaviour, such as recall, from the above Behaviour Menu that you’d like a trainer to work on while your dog is staying with us. During your dogs Day Camp stay, the trainer will focus intensively on that behaviour, one on one, teaching and positively reinforcing the behaviour.
|1 Behaviour||$380 or 4 hours min., incl. assessment|
|Leash Manners – Who’s Walking Who?|
|1 week min.||$475 or 5 hours min., incl. assessment|
|K9 Boot Camp – Formal Obedience|
|2 week min.||$1140 or 12 hours min., incl. assessment|
|5 day min.||$380 or 4 hours min., incl. assessment|
|Day Care & Train|
|7 days min.||$380 or 4 hours min., incl. assessment|
Boarding rates can be found here.