Classes start again Sunday, April 15th, 2018!
Classes at the Dog Ranch are led by our Certified Professional Trainer Yoko Sakai, who keeps things fun and relaxed but highly informative. Classes are taught in the Dog Ranch pasture, right near at the entrance of the property.
Dog Training Details To Know Before Your Class
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the beginning of each class.
- Leash your dog from your vehicle into the pasture, and keep your dog on a leash.
- Running shoes or light hiking boots with traction are advised for the classes as you will be moving most of the time.
- Yoko will help you decide which leashes and collars will work best for you and your dog.
- Leashes: 6 foot cotton or 6 foot leather (No retractable leashes allowed).
- Collars: Flat collars, martingale collars, head halters, or body harnesses are suggested (No choke chains or prong collars are allowed).
- Written outlines are given at the beginning of each obedience class and an individual profile of your dog will be provided at the end of the obedience class.
- Additional classes will be scheduled as needed, and new classes will be added as the training program advances.
All dogs must have the Dog Ranch required up-to-date vaccinations: Bordetella (once a year), DHPP (or a titre test) and Rabies (optional).
- Payment must be made before the start of each class. We’ll contact you with an before the class starts to arrange payment.
- Payment options: Visa, MC, Debit, Cash, Cheque.
- GST tax is extra on all training classes.
Group Classes for your pup(s):
Certified Professional Dog Trainer Yoko Sakai
A born teacher and dog lover, Yoko Sakai is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer and launched her own dog training business Bow Wow Academy and is now partnering with the Bowen Island Dog Ranch offering our training class program specializing in positive reinforcement methods.
Yoko has trained hundreds of dogs privately and was Wagzone’s Dog Trainer in North Vancouver, where she offered multiple levels of Obedience and Agility classes, and also worked with reactive dogs. Yoko achieved her Professional Dog Trainer designation through Georgina Bradley (CPDT-KA-DTP) at DogStars Professional Dog Trainers Program in Vancouver, and has become accredited through Dr. Dunbar’s Science-based Reactive Dog Training Program.
Her goal is to help more canine friends and their humans build happier and safer lives together.