City/Bowen Transportation For Your Dog
Choose one our convenient transportation options to bring your dog to the Dog Ranch
How best to get your pup to the Dog Ranch? You can send your dog on our City Shuttle or come by car or on foot on the Bowen Island ferry. (See directions here.)
Most of our mainland clients book space on the City Shuttle, which is the most convenient and usually most cost-effective way to get your dog to and from Bowen Island.
The City Shuttle runs Monday to Fridays, and you can meet us with your pup at one of our 3 city locations (Vancouver, North Vancouver or West Vancouver), and we’ll carefully transport your pups to their Bowen Island vacation in our specially outfitted vehicles.
Our VIP Home/Office Shuttle Service is for when your schedule doesn’t line up with our City Shuttle days and times and you need this extra VIP (very important pup) convenience. We will pick up or drop off and from your home or office and take your dog to Bowen Island. This service runs Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Most dogs love the Shuttle. For many returning dogs, it’s the “happy van” and they are excited to see it again. They know where it’s going!
City Shuttle Details
The Dog Ranch City Shuttle operates, by appointment, five mornings a week, Monday to Friday, from the West End of Vancouver, North Vancouver and West Vancouver. Please note that the Shuttle does not run on weekends or statutory holidays.
Simply book online or by phone at (604) 947-6965. Then bring us your dog and properly packaged food to one of the 3 shuttle locations.
Home/Office VIP Shuttle Details
The Dog Ranch VIP Shuttle operates, by appointment, five days a week, Tuesday to Saturday, from a variety of areas in Vancouver (see drop down for area details.) Please note that the Shuttle does not run on Sundays, Mondays or statutory holidays.
We will need the pick up or drop location, access information and instructions for your dog (eg: where they and their food will be at the location.)
Simply book online or by phone at (604) 947-6965.
Shuttle Service Instructions
We ask your kind assistance with these shuttle procedures. Thank you in advance—and all aboard the “happy van” for the Bowen Island Dog Ranch!
- Refrain from feeding your dogs the morning of pick-up. And make sure they have already done their elimination routine. This all helps minimize accidents in our vehicles, and ensures a more pleasant ride for all.
- Label any medication clearly and, if in liquid form, put it in a zip-lock bag with the original Veterinary instructions.
- To ensure its safety, please leash your dog before leaving your vehicle and walking to ours.
- Pack all your dog’s food and belongings in something that will not break open—a strong cloth bag with zipper, or container with secure lid. Bear in mind that once we arrive, we will be carrying everything from our parking lot up to the Ranch buildings. So, not permitted are: garbage bags, ripped bags, flimsy containers, and anything hard to carry and/or will fall apart easily.
- If providing dry kibble, keep it in the original bag taped shut or transfer it to a plastic container with a tight lid, with your dog’s name clearly marked. Again, garbage bags or flimsy plastic bags just won’t do!
- If your dog eats raw food, please provide a watertight Tupperware-type container large enough to accommodate two thawed meals, and enclose the frozen food in a double bag or container to prevent any leakage. We’ll take it from there.
- No need to provide us with food bowl, scoop or measuring cup; leave them at home. Or beds, toys and treats—it’s all provided! Just bring your dog’s regular food—and be sure to add extra in case your trip is delayed or your dog gets extra-hungry due to “too much fun” at the Ranch.
Other Ways To Get Here
Ferry By Private Car
Bring your dog to the Ranch by car. Take the Queen of Capilano ferry from Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, to Snug Cove. Car and Driver fare is about $44 return or less if you have a BC Experience card.
Find us on Adams Road, about 13 kilometres from the ferry terminal. Turn in, and proceed to the Pup Shack office parking area. Call us from the radio box, and we’ll come down and greet you and your pup there.
See Drop-off/Pick-up Hours on the right side of this page before planning your trip, and leave yourself lots of time in Horseshoe Bay terminal, to ensure you make the desired sailing.
Ferry By Foot Plus Island Shuttle
Take the ferry as a foot passenger with your dogs, and arrange for us to meet you in Snug Cove. We shuttle your dog to the Ranch, while you head back on the return sailing. Just book the Bowen Island Shuttle. You will have to carry food for your dog’s stay onto the ferry.
As a foot passenger, you will be traveling with your pup on the car deck in a sheltered room; no dogs allowed on passenger decks. Fare is about $12 return or less with a BC Experience card.
Schedules and Rates
The Dog Ranch City Shuttles operate five days a week, Monday to Friday & our VIP Home/Office Shuttle Service, Tuesday to Saturday by appointment.
If a major stat holiday falls on a week day, our city shuttle service will commence the day after the holiday.
If your dog is staying 21 nights or more then the return city shuttle ride is free and our VIP Home/Office Shuttle service is only $20.
Cost: $28 each way, and only $14 per additional dog from the same family.
Schedule: 10:15 a.m. pick-up or drop-off. Monday to Friday by appointment.
Location: Sunset Beach parking lot on Beach Drive, West End. Find it at the bottom of Bute Street off Beach Avenue near the Burrard Street Bridge. Turn at the Sunset Beach Café sign off Beach Avenue and drive down the hill into the big parking lot. Look for the Dog Ranch van.
Cost: $24 each way, and only $14 per additional dog from the same family.
Schedule: 9:30 a.m. for pick-up and drop-off, Monday to Friday by appointment.
Location: Parking lot above the field behind Centennial Theatre. Take Lonsdale Exit #18 off the Upper Levels (Highway 1). Access the parking lot from either Lonsdale Avenue at 23rd Street, or St. Georges at 24th Street.
Cost: $24 each way, and only $14 per additional dog from the same family.
Schedule: 9:15 a.m. pick-up and drop-off (we are on the 8:35 a.m. sailing from Bowen to Horseshoe Bay), Monday to Friday by appointment.
Location: Caulfeild Mall, located off Hwy 1, just east of Horseshoe Bay. Driving West on Highway 1 (Upper Levels), take Exit #4, turn left, and drive to the stop sign, turn left again on the bridge across the highway. You’ll see the Mall on the right. Turn right into the mall, and take an immediate right again into the parking on the right side of Safeway, where the Safeway delivery trucks park. Look for the white logo’d Dog Ranch vehicles there.
Cost: City Shuttle Fee + an additional $20 each way, and only $10 per additional dog from the same family.
Schedule: Home/Office pick-up and drop-off, Tuesday to Saturday by appointment.
Location: We are offering Home/Office pick up and Delivery in, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, East Vancouver (Hastings-Sunrise, Grandview-Woodlands Areas E12th/Grandview Highway between Main Street and the Trans Canada Highway), Kitsilano-Arbutus Ridge-Kerrisdale, Mt Pleasant-Shaughnessy-South Cambie Areas W41st Ave between Main Street & Blenheim St.. We will accommodate areas out side the regular service areas when we can for an additonal cost.
Snug Cove Ferry Terminal Boarding Shuttle
Cost: $13 per dog each way; $8 per additional dog from same family.
Schedule: We meet the 10:15 a.m. and 2:20 p.m. ferries from Horseshoe Bay by appointment. (BC Ferries)
Location: Pick-up and Drop-off at the Snug Cove Ferry Terminal, at the Ferry Passenger Pickup area. On Cardena Road, across from the Library and Bus Stop.
Bowen Island Boarding or Day Camp Shuttle
We’ll pick up and drop off your dog at your home on Bowen Island. Please note the times are approximate and vary depending on number of dogs on board.
- Shuttle pick up: Between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. (Call or email before 9 a.m. if you cannot drop off your dog at the Ranch.)
- Shuttle drop off: Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. (Call before 4 p.m. if you cannot pick up your dog before 5 p.m. closing.)
The Dog Ranch’s van and trucks are outfitted for the safe transportation of dogs; dogs are always leashed between your house and the vehicle. We may ask for a brief initial meeting (at your house) so we can understand your entry instructions and ensure your dog is comfortable having us approach and engage with him.